Albums and Playlists I Am Currently Listening to

Albums:




















This week I have been listening to a lot more albums than my playlists. Lately it seemed like I have been listening to my playlists but this is not the case this week. There has been some interesting new music like the new Clan of Xymox, Delta Rae, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and Heimataerde. To be honest, I need to listen to those albums a few more times before I can really give my opinion. From the initial listens, I am not really all that impressed but that just on the first listen. I am hoping that I just need time for the music to grow on me, especially the new CoX and The Jesus and Mary Chain albums since I both love those bands.

After getting a new tattoo today, I made a trip to Cheapo Discs along Eat Street. I found the 2006 remastered version of Floodland by The Sisters of Mercy. I hadn't owned this album in years. Because it is not available to stream on Spotify, I decided to buy it. I am so glad I did buy it. I completely forgot how good the album is and it certainly has stood the test of time.

You know it says a lot how much I love The Hating Tree when I decided to get a digital copy to listen on my phone when I go to Chicago in a couple of weeks and I really don't feel like bringing my tablet along. That and to just listen to it whenever I am on the bus/lightrail too when running errands. Of all the albums I listen, The Hating Tree is by far the most listened to album, digital or CD.


Playlists:








I have been listening to a lot of my Blutengel playlist. Maybe because I had been so disappointed in their recent efforts that I need to be reminded why I love the band. I really get the impression that Chris Pohl has gotten a bit too lax on songwriting (kinda like Andy of Combichrist) hence the uninspiring music in recent years.

Comments

Popular Posts