Earworm of the Week

This week I have been on an Ashbury Heights kick at work. I have been listening to my AH playlist I created awhile back. I have been a fan since Three Cheers For the Newlydead first came out several years ago. For a long time I have been rather indifferent towards Take Cair Paramour, the third AH album but without  former AH singer Yaz Uhlin. Former singer Kari Berg did a pretty good job on vocals but she was no Yaz. Take Cair Paramour had its moments but at the time I missed Yaz therefore wrote off the album. Now that time has passed, I have given TCP another chance and I am enjoying the album a lot more. My personal favorite track on the album is "Kingdom Confession". This one of the few times when both the melodies and lyrics hits that strikes a chord with me at the same time. I absolutely love and can relate to the opening lines "I used to be demon. I used to be a clown. All the little devils. Used to get me down...". For me, this is my perfect song which has both the perfect melodies and perfect lyrics. Take Cair Paramour came out in 2010. After seven years since its release, the album has not aged a bit. I also strongly recommend the checking out the most recent AH album The Looking Glass Society. It is fantastic.

Comments

Popular Posts