Earworm of the Week

I am so not a fan of country music. I find most of the genre to be absolute rubbish however I do make a few exceptions. I absolutely love Mary Chapin Carpenter, Rosanne Cash, some Martina McBride (not all of her music though), Margo Price, Johnny Cash, and Allison Moorer (wife of Steve Earle) just to name a few artists.

Lately I have been enjoying the hell out of Allison Moorer's "Mockingbird". It is the title track from her 2008 album Mockingbird. I have been in such a shit mood all week (especially today after standing in the rain for 45 minutes for a 540 to come by), not a lot of music has been able to pull me out of my funk except for Allison's gorgeous ballad "Mockingbird". The song really doesn't sound country, maybe more on the bluesy side. The melodies, melancholy lyrics, and Allison's vocals really comes together and creates something magical that can appeal to this non-contemporary country music fan. Absolutely love the inclusion of the saxophone on this track. Nine years later this song still sounds as amazing as the first time I heard it.

Comments

Popular Posts