Albums and Playlists I Am Currently Listening to

I originally was going to write this blog last night but I got involved in a hit and run. I am alright with just a couple of cuts and bruises but I did not feel like blogging last night so I posting last night's blog today.

Albums:


















Playlists:






Got some new music this weekend. I picked up the soundtrack to the new Guardians of the Galaxy film at The Electric Fetus today. I absolutely love both the film and the soundtrack. Also picked up Recollection: The Best of Concrete Blonde at the Fetus too. On Friday, my copy of  Cover Stories: Brandi Carlile Celebrates 10 Years of The Story An Album to Benefit War Child. I definitely needed some new music to cheer me up especially after last night's hit and run incident. All three albums are great. I particularly love the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The Concrete Blonde compilation is great too. I am glad I picked it up.

2017 has been an mixed bag for me when it comes to new music. There has been some great new releases like the new NamNamBulu album Borders which I play like every day at work and at home, and then there is garbage new music by the likes of The Raveonettes with 2016 Atomized. Lately I find myself listening to older music like Autumn's first two albums. Their music does not sound remotely dated at all. Also I have yet to get sick of their music considering how much I listen to their music at home and at work. Also still love listening to LIGHTS' 2016 acoustic album Midnight Machines. I find her music much more interesting when it is stripped down with less electronic beats but that is just me.

I have only listened to the new Blondie album Pollinator a couple of times. It is okay but I think I need more time to listen to it for the music to grow on me. I do though love the new Purple Fog Side album Dischord. That is some great synthpop.

As far as playlists are concerned, I have been listening mostly to my two random mixes. It is like listening to the radio station minus the annoying commercials.

Comments

Popular Posts