Albums and Playlists I Am Currently Listening to

Albums:














Playlists:











Last weekend I picked up the George Michael greatest hits compilation. I forgot how good George Michael's ballads are. I am listening to disc one from Ladies and Gentlemen and it is so perfect for this wet, rainy Saturday evening.I just love songs like "Cowboys and Angels" and "One More Try". I still can't believe he passed away late last year. Definitely gone too soon. George Michaels was truly a talented artist.

Still loving the latest album by White Lies. Friends is just one of those special albums that I can listen to on a regular basis, and for a good amount of time. The album came out last summer but in my defense I didn't hear it until early fall and was immediately hooked. The album has some seriously good songs. The band is well adept at creating songs that will get stuck in your head very easily because of the pop friendly hooks.

Despite a couple of clunkers, Cover Stories is a great re-telling of Brandi Carlile's The Story . Dolly Parton can really do no wrong. She could sing the phone book for all I care. Her interpretation of The Story is incredibly good. I would have Dolly's version is just as good as the original. Her version still captures the same emotions I hear when Brandi is singing. Love The Avett Brothers' cover of "Have You Ever" just as much as Dolly's version of "The Story".

I have yet to get sick of listening to Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Awesome Mix Vol 2 . The soundtrack is just so damn good. I think the film will most likely go down as my favorite film of 2017, next to Beauty and The Beast, Alien: Covenant, and Your Name.

I have been on an '80s kick lately. Created a new '80s playlist which mixes both new wave, pop, and rock. I like that I did not stick to just new wave.  

Comments

Popular Posts