My Current Favorite Songs

Last night I went to see Alien: Covenant hence no blog entry last night. I enjoyed the film. While I enjoyed Prometheus, I do think Alien: Covenant is better. I decided to save my weekly playlist of my favorite songs of the moment for tonight. The more I think about it, I think Fridays would be best for me to post my weekly playlist of my current favorite songs. The timing makes more sense.

This week's playlist is definitely a mixed bag. Due to the untimely passing of Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave, I had to include a song from each of those bands. Badmotorfinger was part of my soundtrack in high school. Although I never really listened to much of Soundgarden's music after that album or Audioslave, Chris's passing is still sad and should be acknowledged.

I have been listening to a lot of '80s music this week. I created another '80s playlist on Spotify and been enjoying that playlist a lot. Of course I have peppered this week's playlist with quite a few tracks from my youth. I would have loved to have seen Tears For Fears live when they were in town, I didn't think it was worth the $$$ since they were not the ones headlining the show. I honestly can say I am not a Hall and Oates fan.

Still listening to the hell out of the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I have included two of my personal favorite tracks from the film "Lake Shore Drive" by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah and "Father and Son" by Yusuf/Cat Stevens. Never heard the song "Lake Shore Drive" until the film but I love it. It is so laid back and the harmonies are great. "Father and Son" always have and always will be my favorite Cat Stevens song. It is such a beautiful ballad.

Another favorite album of mine is Cover Stories, Brandi Carlile's The Story re-done by various well known musicians. Dolly Parton's version of "The Story" is incredible. She takes my favorite Brandi Carlile song and turns it into her own. Dolly's version is equally as good as the original.

With summer right around the corner, I have been listening too quite a bit of "Summer" by Marsheaux. This song is my go to summer jam.


Comments

Popular Posts