Albums and Playlists I am Currently Listening to

I have been listening to some new music lately. The band Collide recently released a new album. I am really enjoying the new music so far. I am glad to see the band return to the scene with some new material. I could say the same for Marnie from Ladytron who just released Strange Words and Weird Wars. Of course I had to include the new Ghost Twin album Plastic Heart. My personal favorite release at the moment (that isn't a soundtrack) is The Dream by Tashaki Miyaki. I certainly recommend this album for anyone into the sounds of My Bloody Valentine, Lush, and Slowdive.
Speaking of Slowdive, I initially wasn't impressed with their latest self-titled album when I first heard it however when I started listening to it last night, I found myself enjoying the album a lot more.

Listening to a lot of soundtracks for the past few days. Of course it wasn't intentional.  Just saw the film Wonder Woman today and loved it so I have been listening to the album which the music was scored by Rupert Gregson-Williams. His work is wonderful. I am reminded of Hans Zimmer. The film ends with the song "To Be Human" featuring Sia and Labrinth which I absolutely love. A great closer to an awesome film. Last night, I felt like listening to the soundtrack to the film Singles. I hadn't listened to that album in years. I completely forgot how much I love the song "Dyslexic Heart" by Paul Westerberg. The movie was pretty forgettable but I always loved the soundtrack. I also been listening to quite a bit of the soundtrack to Alien: Covenant.

A few days ago I put together a playlist of all the releases that The Luna Sequence , one of my favorite independent artists in the past 2-4 years I have been listening to TLS. Go take a listen. It is a nice mix of heavy metal, techno, and industrial music.

Albums:

















Playlists:












Comments

Popular Posts