My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

It is Friday night and the weekend has finally arrived. Here is my latest mix featuring my favorite songs that I have been listening to a lot this week at work. I have thrown in some new tracks by the likes of Hydrah, Slowdive, Tashaki Miyaki, The Birthday Massacre, and Sia but most of the mix consists of older tracks.

I am really digging the new releases by Hydrah and Tashaki Miyaki at the moment. I definitely need to hit the Electric Fetus this weekend to see if the store has Tashaki Miyaki's album The Dream in stock, if not I am going to buy it online. If you love shoegaze, you definitely would love Tashaki Miyaki. Her brand of noir pop/shoegaze is so damn good. Modern electronic music today is a hit or miss with me. I like some but I also dislike a lot of it. I personally think some people make EDM for all the wrong reasons and just in it for the money. This is not the case with Hydrah. Her music is really good.

The new album by The Birthday Massacre is finally out. I listened to Under the Spell only once today. I liked what I have heard. Certainly will post more about it when I have listened to the album a few times. Right now "Endless" is my favorite track off the album.

Today I decided to listen to Robert Miles' second album 23 Am. It had been so many years since I last heard the album. I am so glad I listened to it again. I was quickly reminded how good the music is on this album. Unfortunately after that album, his music went downhill for me but his first two albums will always remain classics to me.

Threw some Ego Likeness and Stoneburner into the mix after last Sunday's concert. Gotta include songs to remind me of that show.

Comments

Popular Posts