My current favorite songs

Thank heavens another work week is over with. Of course I leave my CDs at work but at least I can go get them back on Monday, that and the building I work in is very secure. No one without a badge can get into the building, elevator and to the floor I work on. Anyways, I have been listening to a lot of interesting music all this week. I have been listening to a lot of newer music like PIG, KMFDM, Empathy Test, Tashaki Miyaki,  and Fazerdaze.

Today has been particularly interesting music-wise. Earlier this week I rediscovered the joys of Bonnie Tyler's music especially "It's A Heartache". I think I have listened to this song like 3 dozen times at the very least. I absolutely love the raspiness of Bonnie's voice on this track. The melodies are so freaking addictive. I got the song stuck in my head. Country music is not one of my favorite genres but I do like the country influences in this song.

For the last couple of days, I have been listening to the new KMFDM and PIG EPs. I haven't been big on KMFDM's music in recent years but I was surprised to find myself enjoying Yeah. The music is nothing like their stuff on Wax Trax! but still I liked it. I particuarly like the Lords of the Lost remix of "Hell Yeah". I honestly prefer that sound over the original version of the song. That said I much prefer the new PIG EP Prey and Obey. The music resonated with me more than Yeah by KMFDM. The music on Prey and Obey reminded me so much of early KMFDM and why I fell I got into KMFDM back in the mid '90s when I lived in Milwaukee. Speaking of early KMFDM, I threw in "Juke Joint Jezebel", the first KMFDM song I have ever heard and which got me into the band.

In the last couple of days, I have also got back into some old synthpop favorites by the likes of  The Azoic and labelmates Bow Ever Down. I definitely needed a reminder how good Illuminate, Risen, and The Product of My Pain are. Go check out those albums. They are all on Spotify.

I am really digging the latest album by Ruined Conflict. My current favorite song by the band is "Divide and Conquer". So very VNV Nation-ish both lyrically and musically.  Great pop hooks.

I finally got around to listening to Massive Addictive by Amaranthe this week. It is definitely a better album than I originally thought. It had been awhile since I listened to it so to hear it again, I listened to the album with a new mindset, and the results was that I just needed a bit more time for the music to grow on me. I like that the band mixes metal, pop, and EDM to create their own sound. Current favorite track on the album: "Drop Dead Cynical".

I really can't recommend enough for my readers to check out my two current  favorite bands Empathy Test and The Eden House. I have been listening to their music a lot on Spotify. Really excited that Empathy Test is working on their full length debut album. I certainly am anticipating for that to drop. I have yet to hear a single song from the band that  didn't like.

Comments

Popular Posts