Top 10 favorite electropop songs

Over the weekend, I had created a playlist of my favorite electropop songs. I have been listening to a lot of it this week at work. I thought I would pick out of ten tracks from it that stands out with me the most.

10. Gossip: Heavy Cross

I have to admit I became a fan of this song after it was used in a Christian Dior commercial with Charlize Theron in it. I had never heard a song like "Heavy Cross". It sounded so different. I just love the funky beats to this song.

09. Tiny Deaths: Ocean

Tiny Deaths is one of my favorite local acts in the Twin Cities. The song is off Tiny Deaths' self-titled EP, released in 2014. Former Lookbook member Grant Cutler is provides the music and you can hear his former band in Tiny Deaths' music. "Ocean" is the first song I had heard by Tiny Deaths and I was hooked.

08. Aby Wolf: Intentions

"Intentions" is the song that got my undivided attention while record shopping at the Electric Fetus. This song was playing in the shop. I loved it so much I asked one of the employees who was this artist and he took me over to where her album was located in the CD section. Of course I bought myself a copy. Grant Cutler's work can be heard on the Wolf Lords album. He does a great job at with production on this album and his work with Tiny Deaths.

07. Ladytron: Destroy Everything You Touch

This is hands down my favorite Ladytron song ever as is the Witching Hour is my favorite album by the band.

06. Ladyhawke: Magic

I forgot how I came across this song. It was a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on tv show. Or maybe it just by accident on youtube. Despite my shitty memory, I adore this song. It got me to take another look at Ladyhawke's music again. The first time I heard it I wasn't all that impressed, but the second time I heard her first album I started getting into it.


I almost forgot about this song until I came across Zhala's album on Spotify. I adore this song. Can't really really put into words that could describe this song. I will just let the song speak for itself.

04. Marsheaux: Summer

This is the only song that isn't on my electropop playlist but I do have a Marsheaux track on it. This is my personal favorite Marsheaux song of all time. I found the Greek electropop/synthpop band via Facebook several years ago. The more I listened to their music online, the more I grew to love their music. "Summer" was the very first song I heard by the band. The perfect song to listen to during the summer.

03. Tegan and Sara: Boyfriend

One of my favorite songs off the duo's most recent release Love You to Death. Before the sisters went the electropop route, I really wasn't a fan of Tegan and Sara but when Heartthrob was released I immediately became a fan after hearing some of the songs on youtube.

02. Chvrches: The Mother We Share

This is my personal favorite Chvrches.

01. Robyn: Indestructible

There are so many great songs on Robyn's last album Body Talk (2010) but ultimately I chose "Indestructible" to be on my playlist. I love how bouncy and catchy the song is, that and the lyrics aren't so depressing like "Call Your Girlfriend" (BTW...my very favorite song by Robyn). 

Comments

Popular Posts