Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Albums:










I haven't been listening to much music this past week with my father's memorial service and all. Here is what little I have been listening to. I have been taking a lot of solace in more mellower music. Barely listened to any synthpop this past week. I been listening a lot to my chill out playlist a lot. Not only is it great to go to sleep to but also just to relax during the day. I feel the same way about my Loreena Mckennitt and Stoa playlists.

I am generally not a fan of live albums but I absolutely adore Loreena Mckennitt's Nights from the Alhambra. Obviously the live album has been edited to leave out the stories Loreena told in between songs. I just love the vibe I get from the album, not to mention the songs on this album. Great album to listen to as my unplanned vacation winds down.

I went out for a nice long Sunday morning walk today. I decided to listen to Synthia by The Jezabels. It had been awhile since I listened to the album. If you are politically inclined especially towards feminist issues, The Jezabels is a band worth checking out. Their most recent album was one of my favorite albums from 2016. The last song on the album "Stamina" really captures how I currently feel both physically and emotionally.

Another album I hadn't listened to in ages is Chandeen's  Blood Red Skies. It is one of my personal favorite dreampop albums. The album that they released after that Forever and Ever is just as good. I certainly recommend checking that album out as well.

I don't know why but I keep going back to Rupert Gregson-Williams' work for Wonder William. The music is so beautiful.

Playlists:




Comments

Popular Posts