My current favorite songs of the week

Going back to work after taking a week off to say goodbye to my father and celebrate his life was not easy. I found solace in music, and most of it was in long time favorite tracks in recent years as well as from the past. And today I was just in the worst mood ever, not because of my father's passing but just how this summer has been going for me which has been awful so some of the music on the playlist reflects my mood today as well as the other days of the week.

 Earlier this week, a former FB friend had the nerve to contact me and try to beg me to refriend her. I was not having any of it. I had to throw on "Not Ready to Make Nice" by Dixie Chicks on my playlist since it really captures my feelings for the brief conversation I had with her.

Another song I have been listening a lot to and have been finding great comfort in is Delta Rae's "Dance in the Graveyards". It is a beautiful song that celebrates death and the life the deceased had lived. This song does help take the sting out of the pain I am going through at the moment. The same can be said about "Space and Time" by VNV Nation. The beats on that song does contribute a lot to perking me up.

Most of the songs on the playlist are older tracks especially by Cyndi Lauper, Fleetwood Mac, and Tears for Fears. The only two tracks that are new are by Tashaki Miyaki and Exit Eden. I am loving the debut album Rhapsodies in Black by Exit Eden. All the songs are cover songs but that's okay. I love album. I ended up ordering a copy online this evening after trying to see if I could find it in my favorite record stores (which I did not).  I adore their cover of Bryan Adam's "Heaven"

Comments

Popular Posts