My current favorite songs of the week

This week's playlist of my favorite songs. Most of the songs consists of older tracks but I do have a few newer songs.

Android Lust recently dropped a new album so I have started listening to it. Most of the album consists of instrumentals but there is the occasional song with vocals. My favorite track at the moment is "Daughters of Dawn". In my opinion, this is the most accessible track on the entire album.

I am really enjoying the new Exit Eden album. I was going to put "Total Eclipse of the Heart" but I ended up with "Impossible". It is my new favorite song. Super catchy.

My friend Trace just introduced me to a new synthrock group called Fate Creator which I had never heard of until now. I have only listened to one song which was "Creator of Fate". I certainly liked what I had heard. It has a good mix of synth and rock.

I have been in a pretty foul mood for the past few days because of my personal life my mood has been up and down like a roller coaster. It sucks grieving as well as being salty as hell (thanks to the incidents that occurred to me this summer that left me very angry and disenchanted with humanity). Been listening a lot to one of my personal favorite albums of all time Autumn's first album The Hating Tree for the past couple of days.  Right now "Desert Winds of Jezebel" resonates with me. Lyrically the song obviously doesn't fit my mood but it is more of musical thing. Just love how powerful Julie's vocals are on this particular track, so in your face in a confrontational sort of way. No matter how many times I listen to The Hating Tree, I can never get sick of listening to the album. I wish singers today sounded more like Julie and a lot less like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry (gag me).

Threw some of my favorite songs from the '80s like "Nothin' At All", "No More Words", and "Solitaire".  I love the '80s. For me, "No More Words" is my favorite Berlin song.

Not really a Dixie Chicks fan, let alone country/western music but I do like a few tracks by the band. One of my personal favorite songs is "Everybody Knows". It has a really great catchy bluegrass sound.

Last night I discovered the South American folk-metal band Arandu Arakuaa. I posted a blog about them last night. I love that they are trying to save their language from going extinct (no thanks to modern colonization) and that their  brand of metal incorporates traditional indigenous music .

I don't know what else to say about Felix Marc that I haven't already said before. His latest solo album is fantastic. If any of my readers dig his stuff from Diorama and Frozen Plasma, I can definitely recommend his solo albums especially Alternative Facts.

Comments

Popular Posts