Album of the week

For this week's Album Of the Week, I had a few choices but I ended up picking Natalie Imbruglia's album Male that came out in 2015. I have been listening to the album daily since I picked it up from my local library.  Male is a stunning collection of cover songs.  I admit I am not really familiar with the majority of the songs but I do know a few such as "Cannonball", "Friday I'm in Love", and "I Melt With You". I had to go youtube the original versions. I love how Natalie Imbruglia transforms each song and make it her own like Daft Punk's "Instant Crush".  My personal favorite track is Natalie's foray into country with "Friday I'm in Love".  I do not know if anyone other than Natalie could have pulled that move as successful as Natalie. What she did was truly magical. I also adore her take on Damien Rice's "Cannonball". Her version is so beautiful. The entire album is wonderful. It has taken a lot of edge off my mood in the past few days.

Comments

Popular Posts