Playlist of the week

While summer isn't officially over yet (which doesn't happen until 9/22) but when Labor Day comes to an end, it definitely feels like summer is over. I thought it would be appropriate to create a playlist that would describe how my summer went and most of it was pretty damn shitty.

Most of the songs on the playlist pretty captures my mood through out the past three months after getting hit by a car while crossing the street, getting harassed on the bus and it got so bad I had to get off the bus (and no one including the driver did shit about the verbal abuse I received by my harasser, and then the fucking victim blaming BS from Metro Transit when I sent in a complaint about the driver who just let the verbal abuse go on), ongoing bullshit at the company I work for with a coworker whom I have to pick up her slack every damn day of the week, and then the nail in the coffin was my father passing away.

AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" pretty much sums up my summer. I have been finding it extremely difficult to want to go to shows. My next show probably won't be until late October for KMFDM. The anger I have over the hit and run and harassment incidents on the city bus continues to linger with me because most or all of the bystanders in those incidents I was shown very little sympathy and kindness. Between my anger and grief, I really just don't want to be in a concert setting at the moment.

Another great song to describe me is Sabaton's "To Hell and Back". I feel like this is what I have been going through this summer especially losing my father in late July. It was bad enough when I was dealing with the trauma from the hit and run and the harassment incidents but my father suddenly passing away was the icing on a very stale cake.

I did include a few songs that have provided me some brief glimpses of joy or comfort. Right now, I can really relate to the lyrics to "Bravery" by Assemblage 23 especially the line "Some days just waking up is an act of bravery". Just getting up every day especially for work to be surrounded by idiots really tries my patience but I get through the day.

I have thrown in a few songs that has been giving me some sort of joy like Muna's "A Know a Place" (my favorite pop song of 2017), "Return" by NamNamBulu, and "Iceland" by Felix Marc - the last two songs being my two favorite futurepop songs of 2017. I have yet to get sick of "Return". That is one song I can listen to repeatedly. It is so ridiculously infectious. The perfect earworm in my opinion.

I hope with autumn right around the corner, things will start looking up for me but with my dim view of humanity, I really don't have much hope.

Comments

Popular Posts