Playlist of the week

Over the weekend, I updated my Loreena McKennitt playlist with several more tracks. On the weekends, I will listen to one of my playlists when I go to bed. I especially love listening to Loreena's music. Her music lulls me to sleep in a good way. So very relaxing to listen to at night.

I have been a fan of Loreena McKennitt since I was in high school. I believe it was Cities 97 that introduced me to Loreena's music. I think it was her song "All Souls Night" from her album The Visit that made a huge fan out of me. I had never heard anyone like Loreena at the time and was quite enchanted with her voice. Her album The Mask and The Mirror was the first album of hers in the early '90s that I bought and the rest was history.

I have been fortunate to have seen Loreena live twice, in 1997 and last year (best $90 I ever spent for my seat near the stage). She is such a joy to see in concert. I love listening to the tales she tells about her travels and the inspirations behind her songs. I just hope I don't have to go another decade before I see her in concert again. Through out the years, Loreena McKennitt's music remained a constant in my life and certainly source of comfort in recent times.

Comments

Popular Posts