Album of the Week

This really isn't a full length album but a three song EP . It is the new single by Qkumba Zoo, an electropop duo from Johannesburg, Africa. I had been a fan of their music since the '90s when they broke through with the catchy single "The Child (Inside)" . "Butterflies (Out of Time)" is new music from the group since 2011. The single features the original mix, another new track called "Flicker" (which is a slower track), and a remix version of "Butterflies". While I like the remix version of "Butterflies", I personally favor the original but the remix version is very good. I do like the tribal beats in the remixed version. As for the original version, I love the mix of acoustic guitars with electronic beats. The other song "Flicker" took awhile to grow on me. It is a pretty ballad. I love opening acoustic guitar riffs. I will admit it isn't as good as my favorite ballad by the group "Weeping" but it is a pretty ballad. Great EP by a great band which I still love listening to after all these years.

Comments

Popular Posts