Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

For most of this past work week, I have been listening to my Random Playlists and the latest P!nk album at work.

Today the weather has been pretty shitty so I have been listening to my Rainy Day playlist and some Chandeen. I almost forgot how good Forever and Ever by Chandeen is. It is a beautiful dreampop album. Perfect rainy day music.

I also just discovered artist Fatima Al Qadiri courtesy of Pitchfork (https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/fatima-al-qadiri-interview), via Facebook. I was intrigued and found her music on Spotify. I will say more later on in other blog entries when I have listened to her music more thoroughly but judging by my initial listen, I liked what I had heard. I rarely listen to EDM but her music is not  your typical oontz music. It is complex and aimed not for the masses who will listen to music based on trends especially in dance music.

While enjoying a lazy Saturday morning, I was listening to the new covers album of Tegan and Sara's album The Con. I enjoyed it so far. I will have to listen to it more to really let the music sink in. I will also have to listen to original version of The Con .

If you haven't heard the new Kirlian Camera single "Sky Collapse", I so recommend checking it out because the Swedish synthpop group Covenant is on the song. It is so good. The song has definitely got me excited for new KC album whenever it comes out.

Another great single is "Blackening" by Blume, one of my personal favorite bands. The band does a huge 360 turn on this song but I like it. I am reminded of VNV Nation, Ruined Conflict, and Assemblage 23.

The more I listen to the new Chelsea Wolfe album Hiss Spun, the more excited I am for her show on Wednesday night. This will be my first major show I have been to since the PIG concert back in July and before my hellish summer forced me into a life as a recluse. I have heard nothing but great things about her live shows. I am just as excited to see Youth Code too.

All this week I have been listening to Loreena McKennitt's An Ancient Muse after work. Great soundtrack to unwind to after a long day at the office.

Albums:


















Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts