Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

This weekend I went to the Electric Fetus. I was planning on buying the soundtrack to Atomic Blonde but then I saw they had the reissued version of Cuckoo by Curve. I am really glad I made that pick. The album has a second disc of unreleased tracks and remixes. I really enjoyed the second disc as much as with the first disc. I really like the contrast in sounds between Doppelganger and Cuckoo, basically night and day.

I recently picked up a couple of albums from the library Haim's Something to Tell You and Alison Moyet's Other. I have only listened to both albums once but I honestly can say they are both good. Certainly will listen to them more through out the work week.

I almost forgot that Avarice in Audio has a new single out called "Lie to Me". I will be honest, I miss Jade's contributions to AiA's music. It is not a bad song but I feel like it sounds like your typical aggrotech song.

The new Fatima Al Qadiri EP Shaneera has really got my undivided attention. I am certainly not an EDM fan but I find her music extremely compelling to listen to even if I do not understand the lyrics.  I recently started listening to her full length album Brute. She definitely made a fan out of me.

I really wanted to like the new Blutengel EP Black but the only good thing I can say about it is that I like the title track (the original version).

Today I went on a lengthy morning walk. I was listening to Iotronica's Of Moon and Stars. I certainly forgotten how good this ambient/electronica album is. The music almost veers into synthwave territory but then it pulls back and returns to its ambient roots.

I have been on a Nightwish kick lately. I wish I don't have to wait until next March for my trip to Chicago to see the band.

Albums:


















Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts