My current favorite songs of the week

Sorry for the lateness for the post. I was hoping to post my latest playlist last night but I didn't expect to spend a half day in line waiting for my turn to get a Friday the 13th tattoo at my favorite tattoo shop in south Minneapolis. By the time I got home, it was late and I was exhausted.

This week's playlist is an interesting mix to say the very least. I have included some of my personal favorite pop songs from the past 10-30 years. I have to admit I have soft spot for the song "Out of My Heart" by the boy band BBMak. Normally I despise every single song that any and every boy band that has put but strangely I have always liked this song. Go figure. Maybe I like it because it wasn't so stupid as just about every single song by that NYSNC, Backstreet Boys, and New Kids on the Block has put out, and wasn't played to death by commercial radio. I honestly do think it is one of the best pop songs I have heard from the '90s. Yeah the lyrics might be cheesy but I just like the general sound of the song and it has great pop hooks.

From the 1980s, True Blue is my personal favorite Madonna album. My favorite song off that album always have and always will be the Latin flavored "La Isla Bonita". Such a catchy song.

Since I have been on a Bonnie Tyler kick for some time now, I have also fallen back in love with her song "Holding Out for a Hero" for the Footloose soundtrack. The lyrics are ridiculously silly but so was just about most of the music to come out of the '80s. Whenever I listen to this song, I think of the scene in the film involving the Ren and Chuck with the tractors.

Another favorite song from the '80s I have thrown on this week's playlist  is "Goodbye to You" by Scandal. I honestly prefer this song to "The Warrior". I kinda got sick of "The Warrior" over the years but I always can listen to "Goodbye to You".

As for newer pop songs, I still can't stop listening to Sia's "To Be Human" from the Wonder Woman soundtrack. I think it is one of the best pop songs I have heard in the 2000s. It is a beautiful song. Another great pop song is "What About Us" by P!nk. I haven't listened to her new album yet but I do love this song from her.

Still listening a lot to Felix Marc's new album Alternative Facts. It is my second favorite futurepop album, behind Namnambulu's Borders. "Vain" is my current favorite song off the album.

I miss the band Omega Lithium. Unfortunately I discovered them after the band disbanded. Oh well. I will always have their two albums. I have one of my favorite songs by the band is "Pjesma" on the playlist.

I am really digging Anette Olzon's new project The Dark Element. This past week they released another new song "Here's to You". With every song the band releases, the more excited I am to hear the full length album. I truly hope for success for this new project that Anette has become involved in.

Despite some older songs, there is quite a few more tracks I have included on my playlist by the likes of Drab Majesty, Gary Numan, Inkubus Sukkubus, and Battle Beast. I am trying to balance out my playlists with new and older music.

Comments

Popular Posts