My current favorite songs of the week

Happy Friday! It has been a long week. Today in particular felt like it would never end.

For this week's playlist I have more older songs than newer songs. I have been listening to the new P!nk album a lot this weekend as well as my playlists so I really didn't get to listen to a lot of new music. I really do adore the song "For Now". I keep listening to it over and over again. I can't help it. The song is so damn catchy.

Until today, I completely forgot Kirlian Camera has a new single out. It is called "Sky Collapse". The song features the synthpop band Covenant. I absolutely love the new song. I have to admit I really was "meh" about the previous Kirlian Camera album Black Summer Choirs. There really wasn't any tracks that stood out with me like on their previous album Nightglory. Anyhoo, I am really digging the new track. It definitely has got me excited about new Kirlian Camera music once again.

Put a lot of old favorite tracks like "Fukken Uber Death Party" by Hanzel und Gretyl, "Professional Killer" by KMFDM, 'My Revenge On the World" by Ayria, the acoustic version of "Refuse" by Android Lust, and "Fingers and Thumbs" by Erasure. With the world going to hell in a hand basket, I finding some solace in some of my favorite songs from the past several years. I particularly love "Fukken Uber Death Party". The song is both infectious yet heavy AF. I personally prefer Hanzel Und Gretyl's foray into metal over their earlier industrial-techno sound.

Comments

Popular Posts