Recent shows I have attended

After a five month long stint as a recluse, I finally emerged into the concert scene and went to a few shows. I took some photographs and recorded some video footage. I should note that I still have some more photos to post on my Instagram account from the shows I have attended. The first show I went to was last Saturday night. I went to see the band Promidal at Club Underground. I didn't stay for the entire show, I was just at CU for my friend Tracey's band Promidal who never ceases to entertain me with their live shows. Still it was good to get out of the house for a bit.







Wednesday night I went to the Turf Club to see Chelsea Wolfe and Youth Code. That was a highly entertaining show. That was my first time seeing Chelsea Wolfe live. I was completely blown away by Chelsea Wolfe's live act. Her drummer is amazing. Youth Code was fantastic.








It was pretty gnarly when Sara Taylor of Youth Code joined Chelsey onstage in my first clip I recorded.





Friday night's show. I didn't stay very long. I am not a fan of sold out shows in small venues. The show at Amsterdam was not suitable for the huge following that KMFDM has. I am not sure who thought this booking was a great idea bu t it was not because I had heard that people in the back couldn't hear ohGr or KMFDM. I love Amsterdam Bar and Hall but their sound system is not well equipped for these sold out shows. I had a shitty afternoon after work so my mood was already sour when I got to the venue. The packed crowd. Also this week would have been my father's 76th birthday. My emotions was all over the place during both the Chelsea Wolfe/Youth Code and KMFDM shows.

That said, I am glad I went out this week. It was good to see some live music. Asides from the Book of Love show in December, I am probably going to lay low for a bit unless something comes up.

A post shared by Erica Anderson (@eanderson1974) on


A post shared by Erica Anderson (@eanderson1974) on




Finally you can follow me at Instagram at this link: https://www.instagram.com/eanderson1974. I will be posting more photos from these shows in the coming days.

Comments

Popular Posts