Singles of the week

For this week, I decided to go with a couple of singles instead of a full length album because I have been listening them nonstop for the past few days.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Covenant on the new Kirlian Camera single "Sky Collapse". What a great collaboration. I really love the dynamics between Elena and Eskil, along with the great hooks. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing Kirlian Camera collaborate with other musicians in the future. I enjoyed both versions of "Sky Collapse". I can't really pick a fave between the two"Venus Maze" and "Moonlight Sonata for Hologram" are the other two tracks on the EP.  "Venus Haze" is an instrumental track that reminds me of earlier Kirlian Camera with its dark synth rhythms and melodies. "Moonlight Sonata for Hologram" is classic modern Kirlian Camera.

I have to admit I was a bit taken aback when I first heard the new Blume single "Blackening". It did not sound like anything from the band's first two albums Rise From Grey and Autumn Ruins but the more I listened to the song, the more it grew on me. Had I not known it was Blume, I honestly would have guessed Assemblage 23, VNV Nation or Ruined Conflict.  That is how different the band sounds on this track. I think going in this direction might attract more fans and gets more exposure in clubs. I envision that clubgoers would love to dance to this song. The BPM on this song is faster than any of their previous music.

I definitely recommend checking out both singles.


Comments

Popular Posts