Earworm of the week

I must admit what I have to say tonight is pretty damn funny. I woke up early this morning on my day off around 4-5 am (which I eventually went back to sleep). And the first thing that popped in my head when I woke up? "Even Now" by Autumn. I kid you not this song started playing in my head. I don't know how this song got into my head but it did this morning and it stayed in my head all day. "Even Now" is my favorite ballad off the band's excellent debut album The Hating Tree (20th Anniversary Edition) as well as one of my favorite songs by the band.

Funny thing is that this past week I have spent listening mostly to new music by Amberian Dawn, The Dark Element, Voltaire, Astronomique, Hydrah, Grendel, iVardensphere, Mind.in.a.Box, Diary of Dreams, and Primitive Race, obviously not a lot of Autumn except on my Random Mix playlists (although today I listened to The Hating Tree twice).

Having been in a shitty, melancholic mood lately, I think the song resonates with me so well is because of the lyrical content. The song is so somber and dark which my state of mind has been in for the past few months since losing my father back in late July.

"and in the morning
after years had passed
it seems
oh even now to overwhelm me
and in the stillness
after life has passed..."

The music is absolutely stunning. I will let the youtube clip speak for itself. I hope people will see why I love this song so much (as well as the band).

Comments

Popular Posts