My current favorite songs of the week

I have quite a bit of new tunes on this week's playlist. I discovered a lot of new releases from the likes of Grendel, iVardensphere, Inertia, and Diary of Dreams so I have. songs from each of those acts on my playlist. The new Grendel album is fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I love harsh EBM but I love the direction that Grendel took on the new album by changing the vocals. I have only heard the new iVardensphere album Hesitation once but I do like what I have heard so far. The album has a good mix of tracks that have vocals or are strictly instrumentals. Same can be said about the new Diary of Dreams album too. I need to listen to both the iVardensphere and Diary of Dreams albums more often before I can give a thorough opinion.

 I haven't listened to the new albums by Primitive Race and Noir who also released new music recently but I hope to in the coming days so I can include their music on my playlist.

The new album by The Dark Element which features former Nightwish singer Anette Olzon came out today. Just from one listen to the band's self-titled debut, I can honestly say the music is very good. I wish nothing but success for the band and Anette. I loved Anette's solo album Shine and was really bummed when it didn't sell very well. I have included one of my personal favorite tracks from the new The Dark Element album "Someone You Used to Know".

Local synthpop band Astronomique has a new single out "Mimic Forms". I have listened to it a few times today. I really like what I heard so of course I have included the song on this week's playlist.

The rest of this week's playlist includes some favorite songs that are a year older or more  like "Delusional Waste" by SPC ECO, "My Masquerade" by Delain, "New Sad Ones" by Moonlight Cove, and "For My Lorraine" by Blume.  I wish Moonlight Cove would put out a new album one day. I love their music. In the meantime I have been listening to Peak and Decay by CHROM a lot lately. It doesn't get enough play from me. "Staring at the Sun" is one of my personal favorite songs off the underrated album from 2016.

Earlier this week I heard a really interesting cover of the Pink Floyd classic "Comfortably Numb" by singer/songwriter Dar Williams. It is really different but I like, not sure if other people would. I think this is a love or hate it sort of song.

Comments

Popular Posts