Playlist of the week

Yesterday I was listening to some SPC ECO on Spotify. It had been awhile since I listened to their music and was in the mood to hear their stuff. In the process of listening to their music,  I decided to create a playlist of their music but it got to be too time consuming to pick which songs that should go on my playlist so I just threw all their albums together on one playlist. I hit the random button to shake things up a bit and to make the listening experience a bit more interesting (I do that with all my playlists).

If you are wondering who SPC ECO is, you can read their bio at this link (http://spceco.tumblr.com/about). I discovered SPC ECO a couple of years ago on Facebook.  I listened to their album Dark Matter on their bandcamp page (https://spceco.bandcamp.com/) and became a fan right away. There certainly is elements of Curve in SPC ECO's music especially on their latest album Calm . "Zombie" off Sirens and Satellites sounds like it would have fit nicely on Doppelganger or any of Curve's EPs. Dean's jingly guitar riffs hearkens back to his days in Curve to this Curve fan. I would think it would be extremely difficult to shake off that comparison however SPC ECO has their own sound. They can go from the familiar dreampop/shoegaze sound that Dean Garcia was so well know for in his former band but then shift into laid back downtempo/electropop which I absolutely adore especially on songs like "Ray of Sun" and "Under My Skin" (my current favorite SPC ECO song). Please do check out SPC ECO. Their music is too good to ignore.

Comments

Popular Posts