Albums of the week

I think this is like my second or third time I have posted more than one album for my Album of the Week blog posts but I just could not pick one of the two albums because they are so damn good.

Earlier this week, I came across a blog from one of the synthpop related pages I follow, it might have been Modern Synthpop FB page with a link to its blog featuring its best of 2017 picks. I quickly scanned the link and saw some interesting music I thought I should check out. The first was Pain is Love by T.O.Y. (I think it was mentioned as a comment by a reader) and the other was Secrets by X-Marks the Pedwalk. There were a few other albums mentioned but after listening to them, I really wasn't impressed.

I don't know why I never heard of T.O.Y. but this was the first time I had heard of the band. X-Marks the Pedwalk is another story. I had heard of the band and a couple of tracks here and there but never really batted an eye in their direction. Considering the fact that I hadn't heard a lot of synthpop music this year asides from the new albums by Namnambulu and Felix Marc, I decided to give Secrets and Pain is Love. This was on Tuesday and since then I have been listening to both albums quite a bit. Do not be surprised if you see these albums on my best of 2017 list when I post it sometime this weekend.



Comments

Popular Posts