My Current favorite songs of the week

Here is the last playlist of my favorite songs for 2017. Ha! Unlike last week's playlist, I made a more of a concerted effort to include more current music. I have included a song from the excellent Guillermo Del Toro film The Shape of Water along with new songs by Artesia, Diary of Dreams, X-Marks the Pedwalk, T.O.Y., and Cosmic Armchair.

My top two favorite songs on the playlist are by X-Marks the Pedwalk and T.O.Y. from the new albums. I have been obsessed with their new albums for the past three days.  It is a good thing I had not written my best of 2017 list yet. Secrets and Pain in Love are some of the best music I have heard in 2017. I can't help but notice how much T.O.Y. sounds like De/Vision, Beborn Beton, and Camouflage but I love the similarities. Gotta listen to their other albums, same with X-Marks the Pedwalk.

I have been on a massive Marsheaux kick lately with the playlist I had created not long ago. The band does some really great covers. One of my favorite covers they do is "Popcorn" which I have included on this week's playlist. Their version is my personal favorite in a sea of "Popcorn" covers.

I didn't realize until the other day that the song "Before and After" by Autumn off their new single "The Fall" was an old unreleased song. I found the song on youtube from several years ago. It is a beautiful song. I have been listening to that particular track off the band's new single quite a bit, along with "Lullaby For Marguerite" from Return to the Breath.

If you haven't heard of the Singapore synthpop band Cosmic Armchair, I really recommend giving them a listen. Their new album Contact has been getting lots of airtime with me. I also recommend the new Artesia EP En cette fin de jour.

It has been awhile but I have just started listening to Diary of Dreams latest album Hell in Eden. I kinda forgot about it amongst all the other music I have been inundated with. I like the album but I have to be in the mood to listen to it.

As I have mentioned numerous time here on my blog, 2017 has not been a very good for me in my personal life. Songs like VNV Nation's "Sentinel" and Bow Ever Down's "Believe" has really resonated with me in the past couple of weeks.Their lyrics has been helping me come out of that deep, dark rabbit hole I had fallen in over the summer (beginning with the hit and run incident). I still have a ways to go to get back to normalcy but at least a lot of the anger I have felt for a long time because of the trauma I have experienced over the last several months  has started to dissipate.

"Elisa's Theme" from The Shape of Water is my favorite track off the soundtrack. The film is wonderful. I absolutely loved it. Another home run from Guillermo Del Toro. If you can, go see the film. The film is currently playing at the Edina Theatre  here in Minneapolis.

Comments

Popular Posts