Music I bought in 2017

I can hardly believe the year is almost over and for me, I will be relieved when it is over. I just want to start the new year with a fresh outlook. I had enough of being angry and depressed 24/7.  Asides from my shitty year personal-wise, music wise it has been a great year. I bought some interesting music in 2017. I will say that my music consumption is not what it used to be since I started to invest my money into tattoos and trips to Chicago, not to mention I stream a lot of my music via Spotify. Streaming has effected my music consumption immensely but I do not like wasting money on mediocre music (like The Raveonettes' 2016 Atomized which I did not like). Nahko's My Name is Bear is the only album I bought this year on a whim and not knowing his music, and actually enjoying the entire album. Asides from the mishap over the medicore Raveonettes album, I would say my music purchases have been worth every single penny.

To say I am a  fan of The Hating Tree by Autumn is putting mildly. It has become one of my favorite albums of all time. Believe it or not I have three versions of it, CD copy, 2 digital copies (the original and the 20th anniversary edition found on the band's bandcamp page https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/the-hating-tree-20th-anniversary-edition. Whenever I am out and about in the cities, I like to listen to music via google play on my phone so of course that had to be one of those albums I need to listen to on my weekend errands. The same can be said about Namnambulu's album Borders.

So here is my list of music I bought this year which ended up being a total of $333.80. In the past years, I would spend over $1,000 a year on music. It is amazing how much streaming has effected my music listening habits and purchases. I am trying to make a concerted effort to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to music but as someone who enjoys the occasional trip to Chicago or a local tattoo shop, it is difficult. Also 2017 has been a difficult year for me personally so that has played somewhat of a role as well.

January
Nyxx: Nightmare
Goldfrapp: Felt Mountain
The Muffs Blonder and blonder

February
Autumn: The Hating Tree (CD)
Muna: About U

March
Glow: Stay
Namnambulu: Borders
Tiny Deaths: Elegies
Emika: Melatonic
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds: Murder Ballads

April
Tamaryn: Cranekiss
Autumn: The Hating Tree (digital)
Sisters of Mercy: Floodland
Namnambulu: Borders (digital)
Cover Stories: Brandi Carlile Celebrates 10 years of The Story
The Raveonettes: 2016 Atomized

May
Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 soundtrack
Concrete Blonde: Recollection
Minnesota Orchesta w/Osmo Vanska: Beethoven Symphonies (this was a gift to my mother)

June
The Eden House: Songs For the Broken Ones
The Birthday Massacre: Under Your Spell
Curve: Doppelganger (remastered version)

July
Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon soundtrack
Trainspotting soundtrack
Wonder Woman soundtrack

September
Loreena Mckennitt: Parallel dreams
Curve: Coming Up Roses single
Curve: Horror  Head single pt.1
Vivaldi:  The Four Seasons
Apoptygma Berzerk: Exit Population Contest

October
Curve: Cuckoo 
Autumn: The Fall (via bandcamp)

November
Autumn: The Hating Tree 20th Anniversary edition
Nahko: My Name is Bear
Felix Marc: Alternative Facts

December
Lindsey Stirling: Warmer in the Winter
Autumn: The Fall (via google play)

Comments

Popular Posts