My top songs 2017

Earlier this week, I came across an app that allowed me to find out what music I streamed the most in 2017 via Spotify (https://2017wrapped.com/). Since I listen to music every day via Spotify at work, I decided to see what my year in music was. Here is a bit of what I have learned from my listening habits this year:

The artists/bands I listened to the most this year are: Autumn (US band), Blutengel, Loreena McKennitt, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Nightwish. I'm kinda surprised that Namnambulu and Muna wasn't included since I have listened the hell out of their new albums Borders and About U which I absolutely adore.

Genres I listened most to this year: Dark wave, EBM, Electro-Industrial, Futurepop, and Neue Deutsche Harte.

Songs I listened to the most: Return by Namnambulu, The End of the Line by Autumn, How It Came to Be This Way by Autumn, Endlessly by Amaranthe, and Bravery by Assemblage 23. Yeah, I spent a lot of 2017 listening to Autumn. I plead guilty ;).

Speaking of songs, Spotify also put together a playlist of the top 100 songs I have listened to this year. There is a good mix of pop, rock, electronica, dark wave, EBM, metal, alternative, and new wave. My musical taste this year has been all over the place. I have been making a point to not stick to one genre or two. Considering what a shitty year 2017 has been for me, pop music has definitely cheered me up on days when I really needed it.

Comments

Popular Posts