Earworm of the week

Ever since I had put together a Spotify playlist of my favorite Marsheaux songs, I have had "Secret Place" (from their 2013 album Inhale). "Secret Place" is easily in my top five favorite Marsheaux songs and this band has churned out a lot of great songs over the years. Oh hell! It is one of my all time favorite songs in general which is saying a lot since there are a ton of songs that I love, let a long a lot of Marsheaux songs I love.

After having a super shitty year (which I would LOVE to try to forget), the lyrics to the song really has given me a bit of joy especially:

"If you ever feel sad and blind, open our wings.Go out of your mind. Close your eyes and take me to the sea. Green blue sea you and me...". 

That line just really speaks to me on so many levels.  The production on this track just screams the 1980s. I really dig the opening synth lines. I also love how they meld synthwave with EDM. The results are so dreamy. The band has such a knack of writing great pop hooks, it really shows in "Secret Place".

Comments

Popular Posts