My current favorite songs of the week

I got a lot of great music on this week's playlist. There are a lot of new music as well as some new artists/bands that I just discovered this week.

First off all, the artist Nyxx has a new single out called "Voodoo". You can buy it on her bandcamp page (https://nyxxnyxxnyxx.bandcamp.com/album/voodoo-feat-aesthetic-perfection). I really liked what I heard, enough that I bought it.

Most of this week's playlist consists of some fantastic new and old synthpop but I have thrown in the likes of Autumn (no big surprise there ;)), Ladytron, Ari Mason. I have been on a major synthpop kick this week thanks to X-Marks the Pedwalk, T.O.Y., and Ultranoire.

 I am so getting excited for the new Autumn album Chandelier to drop next month, I have no doubt this album will be as good as The Hating Tree and Return to the Breath. I have been listening the hell out of the new single "The Fall". It is such a great track. While I certainly love the dance remix, the original is my favorite version of the two. You can buy the single here (https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/the-fall-single).

The new Ari Mason album Musica Lunae is really good. The music shows a whole different side to Ari Mason as an artist. It is a beautiful collection of 16th century motets. I listen to the album mostly at home because classical music really doesn't do much for me at work. I really have to be in the mood to listen to it. You can buy the album at Ari's bandcamp page (https://arimason.bandcamp.com/album/musica-lunae).

I discovered  a few new bands in the past several days. I have included tracks by these bands on my playlist. I am particularly fond of the synthpop duo Ultranoire. Their two albums are so damn good.
Pale Waves
Wingtips
Ultranoire

Comments

Popular Posts