My current favorite songs of the week

I had the day off today and I am going to be away from my laptop for the rest of the afternoon and will be going to over to my mom's place in Woodbury because I have a memorial service to attend tomorrow. I figured I would get in this week's playlist ASAP. This week I got a good mix of new and older songs.

This week I discovered some new bands such as: Second StillMiniatures, and We the North. They are definitely worth checking out. I especially love the Melbourne band Miniatures. They remind me of Lush, Tamaryn, and Belly. Essentially if you are fan of dreampop/shoegaze, go give Miniatures a listen. Their music is very dreamy.

Although it is not what I normally listen to, I have been enjoying the hell out of Silhouette of Sirens by Chastity Brown. Chastity's music is the sort of music one would want to chill out to in the morning on the weekends with a nice steaming cup of coffee. Her music is a mix of folk, rock, soul, and country. My current favorite track from the album is "Drive Slow".

This week I finally started to listen more to Diary of Dream's Hell in Eden. I have neglected it for awhile but this past week at work I started listening to it more often. It is an excellent album. Very moody and atmospheric.

After all these years, I still love Radiohead's Ok Computer. Talk about a huge departure from their first two albums which was more rock orientated. I just love the track "Exit Music (For a Film)". The song still gives me the chills.

Another band I recommend giving a listen to is the Chicago band Wingtips. The band is actually coming to town next month (https://www.facebook.com/events/961711057360259/). I might have to venture out and go to that show since I am not able to make it to the Kanga show tomorrow night for personal reasons.

Songs to check out:
"Hologram" by The Horrors
"Without Saying" by Miniatures
"New Barn" by Second Still
"The Spaces Between the Lines" by  A Covenant of Thorns
"Nightcall" by We the North
"Last Minute" by Wingtips

Comments

Popular Posts