Album of the week

If you haven't heard Cindy Wilson's solo album Change, you really should now.  I wish I hadn't slept on this album. I think it would have been on my best of 2017 list had I been aware of its existence sooner but that's life. I have been listening to on a daily basis. Before I heard the album, I assumed the album would be more rock orientated. How wrong I was. Change is a gorgeous lush, sensuous pop/electronic album. There definitely are glimmers of '80s new wave,modern synthpop, and EDM through out the album. Change is the best of both worlds which the music bridges between the past and the present,I can really hear the influence seep through on "Mystic", one of my favorite tracks on the album. This track was one of the first tracks that stood out with me when I first listened to the album. I also love the song "Things I'd Like to Say" especially towards the end because the song is awash in ambient, spacey yet lush electronica. Vocally, "On the Inside" is my favorite track. I absolutely love Cindy's delicate, whispery-type vocals. There is not a single song on the album I did not like. All the songs on Change is a delight to listen to.

Songs to check out:
"Stand Back Time"
"No One Can Tell You"
"Mystic"
"Sunrise"
"Things I'd Like to Say"
"On the Inside"



You can buy her album via bandcamp [https://cindywilson.bandcamp.com/album/change-2]

Comments

Popular Posts