Playlist of the week

Last week I started listening to the new album by Steps Tears on the Dancefloor and I have to admit I fell into that deep, dark rabbit hole of pop music. The album inspired me to create a playlist of my favorite pop songs from the past three decades. I have to admit it is nice to take a breather from the usual synthpop, industrial, darkwave, and symphonic metal. Yeah I know some of the songs are super cheesy and if not terrible (i.e Britney Spears' "Sometimes", she sounds way too much like a chipmunk) but the songs are ridiculously catchy. Not going to apologize for liking them though.

Songs to check out:
"Story of a Heart" by Benny Andersson Band (as well as Steps' version)
"Let Love Lead the Way" Spice Girls
"It's a Heartache" by Bonnie Tyler
"As I Lay Me Down" by Sophie B. Hawkins

Comments

Popular Posts