Weekly office playlist

Ugh! The weekend is pretty much over. My three day weekend went by way too quickly. I took Friday off because of the L7 show at First Avenue. 

With just a few more weeks away before the new Blume album Ashes comes out (which I have pre-ordered), I will have to keep myself occupied with their first two albums Rise From Grey and Autumn Ruins. I love both albums. They are some of my all time favorite synthpop albums. Judging by their preview clip on youtube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SecADyl4Y7o], the new album sounds quite a bit different but I really dug what I had heard. I am excited for the new album. Along with the new Blume album is the new Loreena McKennitt album Lost Souls [which I also pre-ordered]. I really love the song "A Hundred Wishes".

After the L7/Death Valley Girls concert, I of course had to put together an L7 playlist. I have to admit I prefer Smell the Magic, Bricks are Heavy, and Hungry for Stink but I did include songs from their other albums. Also plan on listening to both DVG albums this week too.

I didn't realize until this past week that is that Lionhearts is the new solo project from Seabound/Edge of Dawn's Frank M. Spinath, album produced by HECQ. Self-titled album came out last year. I only listened to it once not long ago. I definitely need to listen to it again now that I know Frank is involved in this new project.

Because I am on a Helalyn Flowers kick (because their new EP Kamikaze Angel is so badass), I put together a playlist. I also preordered their new album Nyctophilia which comes out in June. I love HF's brand of electro-rock.

Albums:
Ash Code: Oblivion

Ashbury Heights: The Looking Glass Society

Assemblage 23: Endure (Deluxe edition)

Autumn: Chandelier

Avicii: True

Blume: Rise From Grey

Blume: Autumn Ruins

Choir Boy: Passive With Desire

CHROM: Synthetic Movement

Covenant: Modern Ruin

Covenant: Leaving Babylon

Death Valley Girls: Street Venom

Death Valley Girls: Glow in the Dark

Dum Dum Girls: Only in Dreams

Empyrean Asunder: Serpent

FIRES: Red Goes Grey

Future Perfect: Dirty Little Secrets

Future Perfect: Escape

Helalyn Flowers: Kamikaze Angel

Hocico: The Spell of the Spider

Inertia: Dream Machine

Invocation Array: Onyx Philomela

Iris: Wrath

Keluar: Keluar

Lionhearts: Lionhearts

Marsheaux: Ath.Lon

Nahko and Medicine For the People: Hokoa

Nordika: Venus

QNTAL: VIII: Nachtblume

Schwarzblut: Idisi

Strvngers: Amor/Noir

T.O.Y.: Pain is Love

Tanya Tagaq: Animism

Tanya Tagaq: Retribution

TourdeForce: Very Industrial People

Various Artists: Goth on Goth

Venus in Aries: Beyond the Veil

X-Marks the Pedwalk: Secrets

Xentrifuge: Desensitized Parallels

Zeitgeist Zero: Blackout Ep

Playlists:
Virtual Gods: My favorite Psy'Aviah Songs

Computer Love: My Favorite Marsheaux Songs

Shitlist: My Favorite L7 Songs

The Best of Anette Olzon

Ear Candy Mix

Dreampop Mix

Book of Secrets: My Favorite Loreena McKennitt Songs

Kamikaze Angel: My Favorite Helalyn Flowers Songs

Comments

Popular Posts