Earworm of the week

I am probably one of the few people who grew up in the '80s who preferred the sounds of Cyndi Lauper over Madonna. Don't get me wrong. I love '80s Madonna. She had some great tunes during the '80s. For me though, Cyndi's music was my jams during my youth. My favorite song by Cyndi (and still is today) is "All Through the Night" from Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. After all these years, the song still sounds great and has stood the test of time. Personally it does not sound dated or obsolete. Absolutely love the synthesizers in the song. As much as I love her more upbeat tracks like "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "She Bop", I do love how she tones things down for a bit with this track.

I had the most fortunate pleasure of seeing Cyndi perform this song live at the former Mills City Night about 4 years ago. It was a pretty intimate setting compared to her usual arena shows. I was even luckier to get a right in front row to see Cyndi Lauper form live. She sounded so good live. To hear and see Cyndi perform "All Through the Night" live in concert was quite thrilling. That definitely was one of the best concerts I have ever attended. The fact that it wasn't in an arena setting was a real treat.

Comments

Popular Posts