My 10 Favorite Songs of 2018

I honestly did not feel like doing Earworm of the Week and to switch it up for this week with my 10 Favorite pseudo-series. I decided to post ten of my favorite songs released this year. I had a difficult time picking just ten songs and had to exclude songs by Loreena Mckennitt, Junksista,  and Strvngers to name a few. Still this list should give my readers an idea

Personally, 2018 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for music. Autumn released their much anticipated (at least for me) album Chandelier which at the moment is my current favorite album of 2018, it is going to take a lot from Blume, Hanzel und Gretyl, Helalyn Flowers, and Loreena McKennitt to make me take a break from listening to it religiously. Psy'Aviah dropped the excellent Lightflare. Both Kirlian Camera and Cesium 137 released new albums for the first time in several years Hologram Moon and Rise to Conquer. Dessa did not disappoint me with her latest album Chime. I was kinda surprised that the album is shorter than her previous albums but good nonetheless. Love the new Brandi Carlile album By the Way, I Forgive You. I really hope to catch her live one day. As far as synthpop music is concerned, I am really digging the new Unity One an Nordika albums. I so recommend checking them out.

At the end of this week, Blume's new album Ashes comes out as well as Belly's Dove. Next week Loreena Mckennitt's new album Lost Souls is released. And then next month is the new albums by Chvrches, Hanzel und Gretyl, and Helalyn Flowers. Sometime this year Ladytron will release their unnamed album. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long. It has been ages since the band put out new music.

10. Dessa: Half of You


09. Psy'Aviah: Earth,Wind, Fire,Air, and Sky


08. Helalyn Flowers: Kamikaze Angel


07. Cesium 137: Tempest


06. Brandi Carlile: The Mother


05. Chvrches: Miracle


04. Nordika: Not Your Savior


03. Unity One: Join the Light


02. Kirlian Camera: Polar-Ihs


01. Autumn: At Summer's End

Comments

Popular Posts